The Purple squad recently updated bug reporting and searching to understand the new privacy rules. Some of the changes were requirements to support sharing, others were opportunities we took advantage of.
Improvements to bug reporting and forms
The Purple squad updated the bug reporting UI to make it consistent with the bug pages. We choose to develop one consistent and tested UI rather than update the many kinds of widgets used in bug forms.
- Project maintainers, drivers, and bug supervisors can report private bugs.
- Autocomplete works with bug tags
- The status and importance controls show their definitions.
- Undecided is the first importance because it is the default importance.
Improvements to bug searching
Advanced bug search was updated after we discovered that recent changes made it possible fix some long standing issues with a few additional lines of code.
- Anyone can search for Private or Embargoed Security bugs that are shared with them.
- Autocomplete works with bug tags.
Usability and Accessibility fixes
We discovered that the popups that show bug status, importance and information type did not work with keyboards. It was possible to tab out of every other kind of popup by accident. We made deep fixes to the code so that all launchpad popups work with keyboard.
- You can use the tab key to move between the items in popups.
- You cannot accidentally tab out of any popup.