It’s sad to read that BerliOS will close in December, after nearly twelve years of serving open source projects. One fewer project hosting site means that the open source world is that bit poorer.
If you’ve been hosting your project on the BerliOS Developer platform and you’re looking for a new home, you’ve got plenty of choice.
We’d love to welcome you to Launchpad and here are a few reasons why you should consider Launchpad:
- We can help you import your bug history from BerliOS
- Importing your Subversion repositories is straightforward, too, and something that we’ve done for thousands of repos.
- There’s more to Launchpad than bug tracking and code hosting: code review, support request tracking, blueprint for spec tracking, personal package archives and automated daily builds for getting software to Ubuntu users, translations with a large and active community, plus there’s a web services API.
- You’ll get friendly help in our IRC channel and on our mailing list.
- Bazaar rocks.
- Launchpad itself is open source software.
If you have questions, you’re very welcome to join us in #launchpad on FreeNode and the launchpad-users mailing list.